September 12, 2008

I went to the doctor today for a regular appointment. My high risk OB was not too happy about the events from earlier in the week. The medicine they gave me to take at home helped, but it gave me HORRIBLE headaches and made me dizzy. The doctor wants me to take this medicine as sparingly as I can, but if I don't, I have contractions. So the bedrest bomb was dropped. She wants me to take daily activities down to 20% of normal. The goal is to get the contractions under control without taking the medicine. She also wants to make sure I get to 36 and 1/2 weeks. She thinks with bedrest, this will be easily accomplished. Not quite what we expected to hear, but we will make do. At least it is not strict bedrest!

On a side note... Tater Bug Jr. weighs in at 4 pounds and 4 ounces! That is almost was Tater Bug weighed when he was born one week later at 33 weeks! This is gonna be one big ol boy! :) We might even have some fat rolls! I just have to keep baking and try to keep him in for another 5 weeks!

No comments: