August 28, 2008



Today was the kickoff for the March for Babies...
This is a bittersweet time for me. It is a time the brings up those memories of watching Tater Bug be born 7 weeks too soon. A time when the whole process was completely out of my hands. I did everything I was supposed to while pregnant with him, however, my body just couldn't carry him any longer. It is a sense of failure that I have tried so hard to overcome the last two and a half years. Watching my son be taken care of by someone else, being hooked up to tubes and wires and having no control over any of it is heartbreaking. Every time the monitor beeped my heart would stop. When the NICU would call the house, my heart felt like it was going to explode. I would pray that it was good news and not bad news. I feared not being able to bring him home... Those are feelings no parent should have to endure, but sadly, it happens every day.
I have devoted myself to helping the March of Dimes find an answer to prematurity. They did it with Polio...

1 comment:

Four Better or Four Worse said...

Finally updated! :P Sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes. I know that's not something you want to have to deal with. How far along are you now?