Today, I had my follow up appointment with my High Risk OB. We went over the tests from Friday night and she is concerned with one of them. The blood that they got from my artery showed some low levels of oxygen. She told me that for someone my age and the fact that I don't smoke, this should not have been that low. It isn't life-threatening but is a cause for concern. She thinks that there may be some damage from my respiratory issues after Tater Bug was born. For those of you that don't know, I was septic and ended up developing a SEVERE case of pneumonia. So bad, in fact, that the pulminary doctor told my mother that if the OB hadn't treated me so agressively for the sepsis with antibiotics, I would have ended up in the ICU on a ventilator. So those levels they found Friday may just be my norm due to the damage. She wants me to get a complete Pulmonary workup just to be sure. That appointment is August 8th.






No comments:
Post a Comment